Do you want a simple, low budget, but yet tasty lunch to bring to work? Look no further I have it here for you. I had some difficulty myself with coming up with lunches that were easy to bring to work, healthy, tasty and would keep my hunger satisfied for a good few hours.
When I went to primary and secondary school I always had sandwiches in my lunch box. Usually with peanut butter and jam or something like tbat, but unless I eat 4 or 5 I will be peckish again in an hour or so I decided to do some research.
My boyfriend and I did some digging in the different macro nutrients that I need in order to reach my summer goal; get a sixpack. Based on that I try to come up with healthy dishes that are packed with flavour. And of course I will share these delicious, easy to make work lunches with you.
Quinoa salad with orange (for two portions)
50 grams of lamb’s lettuce.
1 red bell pepper
100 grams of quinoa
For the dressing
Juice of half an orange
1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
For the salad
1. Bring half a liter of water to the boil and add the quinoa. Cook for about 8 minutes.
2. Slice the bell pepper in thin slices.
3. Peel the orange and cut into wedges. For this salad I only used the pulp, so I cut off all the peel and the skill.
4. When the quinoa is cooked, drain the excess water.
5. Put the lamb’s lettuce, orange quarters, bell pepper slices and quinoa in a lunchox, on a plate or any other container you want to take it in or eat it off.
For the dressing
1. Cut an orange in half and squeeze out the juice.
2. Add the white wine- and balsamic vinegar and stir.
3. If needed, add a pinch of salt.
4. If you are bringing this salad to lunch, see if you can take the dressing in a seperate container and pour over at lunchtime.
This colourful, tasty salad will sure get the attention of your co-workers and will keep your hunger satisfied for the afternoon. It’s simple, it’s tasty, it is the perfect worklunch for when you do not have a lot of time to prep something in the kitchen.
Let me know what you think!