Sunday is my final workout day of the week and afterwards it is of course time for a delicious post-workout lunch. The one I made today is very simple, very delicious, not very time consuming and has loads of nutrients your body needs after your workout.
You can have this sandwich ready really quickly. In total you will probably need 10-15min, which is perfect for when you are starving afterwards.
Chicken and avocado sandwich
450 grams of chicken
1 teaspoon of thyme
2 teaspoons of paprika powder
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of curry powder
Pinch of black pepper
Any kind of bread you like
1. Cut the chicken in slices.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the chicken when the oil is hot.
3. Add all the spices and cook the chicken until tender and done.
4. Cut the avocado in half, renove the pit and cut into slices.
5. Cut open a sandwich, put the avocado on the sandwich, chicken on top of that and you are done.
All there is left to do is to relax and enjoy this post-work lunch. You can probably get 2-3 sandwiches out of this depending on how hungry you are.
What is your favourite post-workout meal?