I had the best foodie weekend ever. Friday I made this delicious prawn risotto with one of my good friends, scroll down for the recipe. On Saturday, after a trip to the market, I had a super tasty roasted chicken stuffed with lemon and thyme (unfortunately I did not write the recipe down of this one).
It has been a while since I went down to the market, I forgot how much I enjoyed it. So much to choose from, really fresh products and great place to shop on a budget. So get ready for some tasty recipes with really fresh products in the upcoming weeks.
This is probably my fourth attempt at making risotto and I have to say, it was a success. It is simple and reasonably quick (it took us more or less 30 minutes) and it is a great way to start the weekend. You wil
Prawn risotto with mushrooms and peas – 2 to 3 portions
300 gr of prawns
150 grams of risotto rice
200 grams of mushrooms
100 grams of peas
1 yellow onion
500ml of fish stock
Salt & pepper
1. Dice the onion, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion. Do not let the onion colour.
2. Add the rice to the pan and fry until glossy.
3. Start adding the stock, 100ml at the time, and stir. When most of the moist has reduced, add the next 100ml until you are out of stock.
4. Add the prawns and cook for 4 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and the peas. If you use frozen ones, there is no need to defrost them in advance. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Add pepper and salt to taste.
7. Plate up and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. As much as you like.
Have a nice glass of white wine with it and the evening is complete. Good food, good wine and even better company. The weekend is around the corner so get those groceries in to cook this delicious risotto and get it off on the right start.
What is your favourite start of the weekend?